Friday, November 28, 2008

Winding Down

We got up bright (actually still dark) and early this morning to get Dean to the airport for 530am.  It was sad considering he was such a great late addition to the team (literally decided to come a few weeks before departure).  It's about a 20 minute drive (halfway across the island) and we came back home and slept for a few more hours.  After our second rising we went to the Pancake House for a yummy breakfast (since australia's bacon is not so good I'm still catching up on north american bacon and had to order an extra side).  We then went to the beach where I bought a few souvenirs for family and friends.  Since things have been pretty busy but are now winding down, I was feeling kind restless all day and didn't really enjoy the relaxing beach time.  Tomorrow should be a little more adventurous as we're planning on finding some cayman alligators while hiking through the rainforest (YES MOTHER I'LL BE CAREFUL, ha).  Oh yeah, also watched to new Bond movie, it was alright, kinda ended too quickly though, considering how good the last one was though I was kinda disappointed.  
On a more serious note, we found out today that five fellow med classmates were in the Cafe Leopold in Mumbai during the shootings.  They thankfully escaped injury but quite a scary story nonetheless.  I have to say I was a little shaken up after reading the articles.
Oh yeah, and one more thing, I don't know if anyone's interested or even still reading this blog, but my rash is clearing up :)  It ended up being a reaction to the coral, didn't realize at first that it was exactly where I had all my nicks from wiping out during surfing.  uuumm, on that note I'm off to bed, until later.

1 comment:

Mada said...

das war dann wohl der letzte bericht, schaaade, solltest du in australien weiter machen