Friday, November 7, 2008

FRIDAY

I apologize to anyone for the last post if it seemed a bit graphic, maybe I should include a disclaimer.  Today was a great day!  Along with the usual rounds/interesting patients I had the opportunity to scrub in and assist in two cesarian-sections.  It was amazing, I was swabbing, holding sutures, holding instruments, pushing out the baby.  It may not seem like much, but it was just the surgeon and I working on the patient (except for the anaesthetist).  I'll say it again, it was amazing, I formally scrubbed in, got all suited up, and asked for instruments and was the right hand (okay maybe more left hand) man to the surgeon.  Like the last couple days, no lunch and stayed until 6pm but it was totally worth it.  It is now 840pm and we are heading out to a nearby resort to hit up the bar for a few relaxing drinks.  Then tomorrow we are being picked up at 10am for a fishing, snorkelling, beach rum party trip.  Should be entertaining, looking forward to seeing the sun again.  I'll write again soon whenever I get the chance.  Until later.

2 comments:

annie danger said...

Ha did you write the disclaimer because of something mom said?

Frau said...

Ann, how can you ask that? Would I ever say anything?