Sunday, November 2, 2008

the eve of

Before I start talking about my day, I'd like to send a special thanks to my sister who let me and my london friends stay at her house while I was in Toronto.  Thanks sis, love you and nice to see you again, looking forward to Christmas time.

We got up this morning and since I've been feeling a lot better lately (post appendectomy), I decided to be ambitious and join Dean and Lucas on a morning run.  The only problem was that at 9am it was already 30 degrees and humid!  We ran (Dean more so, Lucas and I walked at times) while getting some pretty funny looks from the locals.  Felt great afterwards though, going to start working out again.

After the run we drove northeast up the coast and ate at Jemma's restaurant: swordship and bread fruit pie, again I have to say really yummy local food here.  Afterwards, we drove to the Argyle Waterfall, 100 feet high with three plateaus.  We walked/hiked  in for 15 minutes, climbed halfway up where we found some local guys who told us to stand underneath the falls and it would make us feel 10 years younger.  I think it might have been the weed they were smoking but it was a really nice back massage either way.  

We came back and ate KD like kings since most things including grocery stores are closed on Sundays on the island.  The rest of the day was spent reading in preparation for tomorrow including some pretty interesting you tube delivery videos.  Off to bed now as we need to check in at the hospital at 8am.  I'm not too nervous yet, but nervous excitement is a pretty appropriate and accurate description of my feelings for tomorrow.  Until later.






1 comment:

Jemma Somervail said...

you guys totally ate at that resturant because it was named after me hey? hahah

I forgot to tell you that I own a resturant in Tobago didn't I?

next time...