Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rainy Weekend

I think the rainy season has finally caught up to Tobago.  After two weeks of glorious weather, the last few days have been pretty much non-stop showers.  We didn't let it us affect us, first of all because we've been in the hospital most days but also secondly because it's still so warm despite the rain.  Our last day of the OBGYN rotation was spent doing Grand Rounds with the doc from Ottawa.  He gave a little presentation about laparascopic techniques/complications for a group of about 20 people.  I enjoyed it, especially his jokes, they were so canadian in a way.  I don't know if that makes any sense, but being outside of Canada for sooo long, I appreciate anything genuinely canadian.  I think Lucas and I were the only ones laughing, don't think many of the Tobagans understood his humour.  At night, we went out for Stef's bday and had a nice dinner and drinks at a resort in the area.  Pretty expensive but very delicious (couldn't resist getting a nice steak).
We then slept in this morning until about 10ish and had to rush to make it to the Coco Beach Resort for 11:15.  Our gift to her was a one hour swedish massage at the spa.  Afterwards, we had initially planned to drive up to the North of the island, stay one night, and do some scuba diving in the morn.  After considering the weather, we postponed the trip until next weekend.    As a consolation we went surfing instead.   With the rain pouring and the winds gusting, Dean and Marc braved the paradoxically perfect conditions and had an incredible surf.  Some (Dean) would say the best of all time.   I must add that there was no sand where we surfed but rather sharp reef, and every time we got dumped, there are a few uncertain, scary seconds.  My luck eventually caught up with me and I ended up getting a nice little cut in my foot which cut the surf a little shorter than I had hoped.  You better believe I'll be back out there tomorrow though.  
Anyway, no big plans for tonight so just writing on my blog, sipping some delicious T&T rum and coke and watching Hockey Night in Canada (yeah I know, crazy huh, Tobago somehow has CBC).  That's it for me tonight, until later.

4 comments:

Mada said...

sag mal, seit wann trinks du denn cola. dahin gehend hat t&t dich wohl schon richtig versaut :-)

Marc Ruppenstein said...

nur mit rum, mmm

annie danger said...

Did you get a massage too????

Marc Ruppenstein said...

no just steffy, too pricy for me