Monday, November 17, 2008

Rain, rain

Nothing much has changed since Saturday, more rain but also more fun.  Like I said last message, no coraled foot is going to keep me out of the water and we went surfing again Sunday.   I must say we are all improving, Lucas (only his second time ever) is already standing and close hanging ten (well the last part might be a little exaggerated).  Some of these lines may seem a bit corny but I'm just excited.  In the afternoon we came back home, and since there's not much to do in the pouring rain I finally put a little dent in my book (The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat).  It's not too bad but I'm not finding myself unable to put it down, seems more of an educational read than anything.
At night, as we're all getting ready for bed,  we got a call and invitation from one of the junior house officers at the hospital to head down to a little pub for a few drinks.  We agreed, invited our Norwegian friends, played some pool and had a pretty good night.  
This morning was my first day in surgery and it was quite interesting.   I enjoyed the rounds because we saw so many differing pathologies (unlike OBGYN where it's pretty much only pregnancy and complications thereof).   As for procedures, I saw them put in a chest tube for a hemothorax (blood in space of lungs), a lumpectomy for suspected breast cancer and inguinal hernia repairs.  
Tonight will be an early night, just as soon as we watch our weekly episode of entourage (GREAT tv show).  Until later.

No comments: