Thursday, November 13, 2008

Friendly Face

A visiting surgeon from Ottawa was at the hospital today teaching some of the local surgeons some laproscopic techniques.  We were able to watch and despite the fact that there were over 12 people in the small OR room, he took time to teach us a few things too.  He was really nice and I think he liked us too as we shared a few stories (coincidently he had also studied in Australia for a few months during an elective).  
We were off quite early again (3ish) and decided to drive to a local beach which had the reputation of having a few good surfable waves.  Sure enough, we got a good hour of surfing in, it was no Australia but for sufficed nonetheless for us amateurs.   We definitely plan on returning sometime soon.
We also organized a scuba diving trip for the weekend, should be fun.  Rumour has it there are a few tourists also signed up for the trip, which I'm actually looking forward to because the island has been pretty dead in regards to visitors.
It is Stef's birthday tomorrow, I think I just wrote that mainly as a reminder to myself, she'd kill us if we'd forget.  We might go out for a few drinks at night, the trinidadian rum is calling.  Tomorrow is the last day is OB/G and I am very pleased with the way things unfolded.  More of a conclusion in my next post.  Until later.

1 comment:

Frau said...

Whichever way things unfold, you definitely passed my test. ;-)) Way to go!! Please say hi to Steph and happy B-day.